[WriteLog] Using %O in Writelog

DICK THOMPSON DICKT at W0RAA.COM
Tue Feb 7 08:47:18 PST 2012

When I was using a Yaesu FT-920, a few years ago, the %O worked great for zeroing the clarifier.  When I bought my FT-950 it wouldn't work so I wrote to Wayne and sent a copy of the CAT control manual in PDF format to him and within a week (or less) he sent me an updated version of Writelog and included instructions on how to beta test the change.  It worked like a champ and he has since incorporated it into Writelog.

I usually include it in my macro that I may send to a station that I worked and want to log the contact.  The macro may look like this: %R%C TU GL W0RAA CQ %L%O%E.  There are also times when I may have a fn key that doesn't have a macro assigned that I will label "ZERO RIT" and it consists of just %O.  I also always have a couple that are WIPE QSO (%W) and LOG QSO (%L).  Both are stand alone macros that, for me, tend to speed the process.

I think I read that you had it figured out, but just in case...

See you in the contest.

Dick
W0RAA

Sent from my iPad 2