[WriteLog] Hung VOX at end of message?

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Feb 22 14:59:02 PST 2012

Rick,

Do you have "Command PTT" (software command) enabled?  If so, disable
it and use hardware PTT (RTS).  You are most likely triggering the K3
"race" condition which results in a hang when using hardware PTT (VOX
is a hardware PTT) and software PTT.

Similar PTT hangs have been reported in Kenwood and Icom transceivers
but the issue is most often reported with the K3 (maybe due to the K3's
overwhelming popularity among contesters)

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV