[WriteLog] Issues & Questions with v11.01F - pt 1

Eric Rosenberg ericrosenberg.dc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 10:50:53 PST 2012

I'm running a MicroKeyer II to my Orion and v11.01F

There are three  issues I've run into, one of which I thought I had cured.

1- At random moments, the frequency on the WL screen (i.e., the computer)
changes and then changes to a VHF or higher frequency, and then changes
back to where it was originally. This is *not* transmitter related, as I
can sit on my hands and watch this happen

When the computer screen changes its frequency, the radio never changes its
frequency, which makes me suspect that this s a conflict related to
polling. Is the data received by the computer corrupted after being sent by
the Orion? 25 QSOs out of the 1240 made last weekend in the ARRL DX had the
wrong frequency in the log, and that's only the logged QSO, as it happened
many more times as we were listening. I can make a video of this for those
interested. and provide a data log that I saved from the MicroKeyer 2

2 - When I bring up the 2nd bandmap (for VFO B or the Sub-RX), what I get
is a copy of Bandmap #1. What have I done wrong?

3 - I can't get the colors in the SCP window to stick. It will take two the
three, but that's all. Again what have I missed?

I assume that items 2 and 3 are likely a result of pilot error, but one
never knows.

Finally

Thanks & 73,

Eric W3DQ