[WriteLog] WL/MMTTY Problem

Dick Flanagan dick at k7vc.com
Thu Jan 5 15:09:13 PST 2012

During today's RTTY RU practice, I noticed a problem running two
instances of MMTTY.  When exiting WL I received an error message that
MMTTY.INI cannot be updated.  When I again invoke MMTTY, all port
settings have been set to NONE.

Why is WL trying to update MMTTY.INI?  What kind of circumstance would
cause this kind of error?  WRITELOG.INI has the correct path to the
MMTTY directory and MMTTY operates properly until I exit WL at which
point the MMTTY ports are set to NONE and I need to reset them.

Could the two instances of MMTTY be fighting over some resource?  Could
one instance be trying to update MMTTY.INI while the other instance has
it open?  Has anyone else experienced difficulties running two instances
of MMTTY from within WL?

Dick

--
Dick Flanagan K7VC