[WriteLog] Anyone have RTTY problems during Roundup?

W0SD Ed Gray w0sd at triotel.net
Mon Jan 9 16:27:39 PST 2012

Here at W0SD we had some issues.  We had the stuttering issue or
spurting issue.  We had some windows like the multiplier window that
would not "land" on the screen.  We ended up in the heat of the contest
having to quickly network a laptop with a V. 10. 86 that worked and use
it to see some of the windows. The problem as on the 20 inch monitors
that we had this issue.  We  tried different screen setups but it did no
good.  I have one very wide screen, 24 inch I believe and they managed
to land just on the edge of the screen and we could pull them in.

We had where when we tried to enter some things from the screen it would
go to the wrong place in the entry window. I think it was to the Report
sent.  I just got rid of that entry on the fly. It was a little scary!
I am sorry but I don't exactly remember for sure but I think that was
what it was.  As you say Don we were trying win so it was hard to keep
track of errors.   We also had an annoying unknown multiplier error when
it was not an unknown multiplier.  I think it was DX only and we found
if you just put something in the QTH window, ie serial number it would
then show the country and not give the unknown multiplier error.  When
we worked the station we put in the correct serial number.

We had some color highlighting problems and the multiplier window was
not even available, ie grayed out.  The help says something about a
mulitplier module but we could not find it with the contest going on.
We were using V 11.01F.  I should know better than use a recent
version.  Usually there are no problems.  Anyway it is a wonderful
program and I see some features  in recent Versions that are nice.

Ed W0SD