[WriteLog] WriteLog BARTG RTTY test

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Wed Jan 25 11:05:47 PST 2012

Ken,

Don has done his usual yeoman job of answering your questions and sending
you to the bible for RTTY contesting - his web site!  Just a quick fill that
may help you on point #4.  To get WL to send the serial exchange your macro
should contain the '%' sign, without the quotes.  This will send the serial
number of your QSO and increment up by one for each following contact.  If
the rules specify a 3 digit number make the macro command '%3', again
without the quotes.  WL will now pad all numbers less than 100 with leading
zeros to make sure all serial numbers sent contain at least 3 digits.
Should you top the 999 mark don't worry.  WL will send serial number 1000
and up without a problem.

Hope the band conditions improve by the weekend and we will be able to print
you in the BARTG.

73,
Gary AL9A