[WriteLog] Writelog COM port support

Don AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 31 06:24:21 PST 2012

Yes, it does.  Actually WriteLog always did support COM ports higher than COM 4.  It just wasn't easy to change.  In earlier versions of WriteLog, you could change the Commslots in the writelog.ini file as shown here:

http://rttycontesting.com/writelog/commslot.htm

This was changed in later versions of WriteLog where drop down menus allow you to select higher COM ports.  I'm not sure I posted this to the WriteLog reflector, but i created a webpage that shows how to view unused and hidden COM ports in Windows XP here:

http://rttycontesting.com/lagniappe/removehiddencomports.html

73, Don AA5AU