[WriteLog] Allow numbers in NAME field?

K6UFO Mark Aaker k6ufo at arrl.net
Fri Jun 29 10:50:19 PDT 2012

Is there an easy way to allow entering numbers in the NAME field?
I tried a few things in the Exchange Format Setup but didn't

succeed. I even tried changing NAME to GRID, which accepts numbers

but only after two starting letters...

Reason to ask is, this week the Thursday night NCCC Sprint had a

variation in the exchnage to "use a previous Field Day call you

have operated from" as your NAME. The Writelog NA Sprint contest

doesn't allow entering any numbers in the NAME field. I recall this

issue also occurred in a NAQP contest where someone used the name R2D2.

Yes, there are workarounds, but maybe someone has an easy change

to a standard log.

K6UFO Mark Aaker
k6ufo at arrl.net
(408)857-4329

Workarounds:

1. type RTWODTW0
2. type name NOT, log the QSO, then in the log window edit the name to

the proper one - numbers are allowed while editing.