[WriteLog] Changing a port when none available?

Ken Newman N2CQ at Comcast.net
Thu Mar 22 13:09:44 PDT 2012

I had my winkey on comm 4.  Something one day I find that comm 1,2,3,4,5 &7
are in
use for something.  I've seen the article in the rttycontesting.com how to
change one of
the AVAILABLE comports 1,2,3 & 4 to change it to something higher comport.
Comm 6 is available and the driver for winkey is there.  Works fine on
DX4WIN
and other sortware.  I don't know what decided to grab comm 4 I was using.
Any ideas how to get a port for winkey?  Comm 1 has been the rig control and
still
working.

Ken N2CQ