[WriteLog] Writelog and Flex 5000A???

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Wed Mar 28 12:18:32 PDT 2012

Gang,

I need to consult with anyone running Writelog and the Flex 5000A. I am
in the 3rd week of the steep learning curve for the Flex. I eventually
want to get back to SO2R (or SO2V) but need to decide how much equipment
to get rid of and where I am trying to get to.

I am using PSDR with DDUtil, writelog with mmtty plug-in, etc. I can get
writelog to work on rtty using VAC to mmtty plugin, on CW using the
keyer in my mK2R+ and SSB (wave and mic) as long as I use an external
sound card (I have been using the mK2R+ codec in the past). But I can't
seem to get away without an extra sound card for ssb.

Help from anyone using the 2nd Flex receiver and writelog on ssb would
be appreciated - I am driving myself even more crazy with all the variables.

Jerry, W6IHG
Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs
http://www.shentel.net/pixosdesigns/RadioTuner/
jpixton at shentel.net