[WriteLog] Parallel Port with V11.06a and XP Pro SP3

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Nov 16 20:55:24 EST 2012

I have a computer that is about a year old with XP Pro SP3 and  I just
installed Writelog  V11.06A.  When I purchased the computer I installed a
SIIG PCIe card with two serial ports and one parallel.  The serial ports
worked fine and I never tried the parallel until this week.  I installed
Direct I/O and checked the appropriate boxes in the ports menu, however the
card just sent a solid CW tone when plugged into a keyer.  Thinking
something was wrong with the card or with using a PCIe slot,  I purchased a
StarTech PCI parallel port adaptor today.  This one was more expensive, but
it uses standard memory mapping.  I installed it and again the devices
manager says that it's working and Writelog recognizes it, but this card
does nothing. I tried reinstalling the driver and used different LPT keyers
and nothing happens.  The checked the mapping of writelog,ini, direct i/o
and the LPT1 device manager and they are all 378.  I have used a parallel
port with an old version of Writelog with XP Pro SP2 for years on many
different cards and computers without issue  Does the newer Writelog and XP
Pro SP3 support a parallel port?   I'm running out of things to try.

John KK9A aka P40A