[WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone (now Hardware generated FSK withmicroKEYER)

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Apr 1 16:48:20 EDT 2013

On 4/1/2013 4:36 PM, Gary AL9A wrote:
> 2. Checking the Strict BPS setting in router and using the TU type of
> XMMT.ocx with MMTTY and my normal COM PORT under Port solves the buffer
> timing problem, but the transmit speed is significantly slower due to
> the Strict BPS setting.

When you do this do you *close* all FSK ports - make sure Router shows
*closed* on *both* FSK ports before you check or clear the "Strict BPS"
box?  Even better is to close all FSK ports in WriteLog and/or MMTTY
and set Router's FSK ports to *None* before changing the "Strict BPS"
setting.

The Eltima VSPAX appears to calculate the port timing *one time* when
the port is first opened by the application.  If you change "Strict BPS"
without resetting the port - without *at least* closing and reopening
RTTYrite - the pacing *may not be correct*.

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America, LLC.
        http://www.microHAM-USA.com