[WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone (now Hardware generated FSKwithmicroKEYER)

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Apr 1 20:40:27 EDT 2013

On 4/1/2013 8:05 PM, Gary AL9A wrote:
> The two MMTTY control screens did not come back side by side as when
> they were closed, but one on top of the other.

Each version of MMTTY (using XMMT.ocx) must be in a separate directory.
*DO NOT* use the old plug-in if you are going to have multiple MMTTY
windows because of the ports issue - XMMT.ocx sets ports from MMTTY.ini
if you set PORT="NONE" in RTTYrite but the old plug-in sets the port
based as selected in RTTYrite and *can not use Ports > COM8*

The MMTTY tuning display size/position is loaded from MMTTY.ini whilst
the size/position of RTTYrite is loaded from Writelog.ini.

> Not a big deal, but the main problem is now when I try to transmit a
> macro I only get a solid tone, no diddles.

Have you selected a PORT > COM8 with the old plug-in?

> After a bit of checking it appears that after the main RttyRite
> window loads the Port in MMTTY gets switched to None by the loading
> of the MMTTY settings clone window .  When I switch it back to Com 8
> it works as before.

This sounds like an issue of using the old plug-in.  Forget it and use
XMMT.ocx for MMTTY.  It is cleaner, more reliable and provides more
options.

73,

     ... Joe, W4TV