[WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Apr 3 17:17:04 EDT 2013

On 4/3/2013 3:45 PM, WB2COY wrote:
> I do not want to use 2Tone as my primary Tx/Rx as it has AFC on all
> the time, plus my testing showed the stuttering transmit anomaly that
> Gary, AL9A described in an earlier post.

Gary, AL9A reported stuttering transmit with Hardware generated FSK and
microHAM interfaces when using "Strict BPS" in microHAM Router.  Since
Router is not used with Navigator, you should look to US Interface for
an updated USB FSK driver or to Writelog to add pacing to the Hardware
generated FSK.  By all rights, proper pacing - sending one character to
the FSK port every 160 to 165 milliseconds (at 45.45 baud) - should
resolve both any "stutter" on transmit and any issues with erratic PTT
(early/late) operation due to the "double buffering" that occurs in all
USB based systems.

73,

    ... Joe Subich, W4TV
        microHAM America, LLC.