[WriteLog] MMTTY/2Tone

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Wed Apr 3 21:58:23 EDT 2013

Bob,

I too experienced the stuttering halting FSK you have described.  What
solved the issue for me was to select None under Port in RttyRite and set
the FSK port in MMTTY itself.  From earlier posts by Ed W0YK, Don AA5AU and
Joe W4TV it seems the only way around this buffer error is to prohibit
RittyRite from controlling the FSK function and leave that task up to MMTTY.
I now let MMTTY control the FSK keying on my main RttyRite window and let
the RittyRite clone windows, one with MMTTY with a different profile and the
other with 2Tone, just decode and never transmit anything.  This has worked
out so well for me after numerous tests that I have now uninstalled the
MMTTY plug in and am going exclusively with the XMMT.ocx interface.  We'll
see for sure how this works in the EA RTTY contest this weekend.  Should be
a good proving ground.

BTW, after uninstalling the plug in, the first time I started RttyRite I got
an error message about an item in my list of TU types that had only been
partially uninstalled and it asked if I wanted to complete the uninstall.  I
answered Yes and WL went immediately opened RttyRite.  Clicking on TU type
showed MMTTY, the plug in, had been removed from the list of options.

73,
Gary AL9A