[WriteLog] BARTG 75 setup

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Wed Apr 24 21:10:32 EDT 2013

Ok, I'm puzzled.  I'm setting up WL for the BARTG 75 this next Sunday.  I'm using V11.11C with the TU type in RttyRite set to XMMT.ocx as my main send and receive window.  I have a clone RttyRite setup with XMMT.ocx for 2Tone and another clone RttyRite setup with XMMT.ocx using the AA6YQ FIR512 profile.  All windows perform decode normally at 45 baud.

In all three RttyRite windows I changed the Mode to 75 baud. However, in the clone 2Tone Setup if the speed is changed to 75 Baud it prints my send macros as gibberish.  If I leave it set at 45.45 Baud (with the RttyRite Mode speed set to either 45 baud or 75 baud) it prints my macros normally.

In the RttyRite clone window the the AA6YQ profile, if I set the Mode to 75 baud and set that instance of MMTTY to 75 baud, it also prints my macros as gibberish.  Change the Mode back to 45 baud and RttyRite will now print my 75 baud sending correctly.  The MMTTY instance is still set to 75 baud, but since this is a clone receive window apparently the speed in that MMTTY instance doesn't matter.

So the questions are, why do both 2Tone and RttyRite clone windows correctly decode what is being sent at 75 baud when they are set to 45 baud?  Also, since 2Tone running in the clone window is not the transmit window, why does it print gibberish when its Setup speed is changed to 75 Baud?  Something seems goofy, but I'm darned if I can come up with a plausible answer.

73,
Gary AL9A