[WriteLog] CW Decoder/Audio settings issues

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Wed Dec 25 18:21:54 EST 2013

> I would guess this might be a windows issue and not Writelog or the
> MKII.

Correct.  WriteLog has no audio input control, MK II has the front
panel pots.  Otherwise with Windows 7 and Windows 8 (the only versions
of Windows worth talking about), the only input level control is in the
Windows Control Panel - Recording Devices.  Be aware that you can not
allow Windows to use the sound card you will be using for WriteLog as
a "default system" or "default communications" device - if you do so
Writelog will not be able to select the desired (line) input.

Make sure you have configured the audio devices correctly using the
WriteLog "Sound board mixer control" application before starting
Writelog.  CW Decoder will use the "rec to PC" device.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV