[WriteLog] W5XD and Winkey at the same time?

Grant Kesselring kesselg at us.ibm.com
Sun Jan 6 14:57:13 EST 2013

Does WriteLog support the use of a W5XD multikeyer for SO2R control while
at the same time using a different keyer such as K1EL Winkey for the CW
keying? The problem I'm trying to solve is that my daily logging program
(DX4WIN) does not support the use of a W5XD keyer.  So I'm looking for a
way to get CW keying to work from both programs without re-cabling my
station.  Seeing that Winkey was supported by both WL and DX4WIN, I thought
I had found a good solution.  However, it looks as though I can't use the
W5XD for so2r switching at the same time that Winkey is used for CW keying.
For example, under port setup if the CW keyer type is set to K1EL Winkey,
then my only choices for SO2R Control are None or Open 2 Radio SP.  I'm
using Writelog V11.07D.

Here is a snip of the ports section from my writelog.ini in case that
helps:

[Ports]
COM1:=9600,n,8,1
COM2:=9600,n,8,1
COM3:=9600,n,8,1
COM4:=9600,n,8,1
LPT1=0xc8f0
LPT2=0xcc00
LPT3=0x278
AntRelayOnLpt1=YES,1
AntRelayOnLpt2=YES,4
dvktype=3
dvkport=4
cwtype=6
cwport=4
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=2
Comm4XmitControl=ALWAYS
Comm1Used=USED,POLL,49
Comm1XmitControl=ALWAYS
CWPTTCONTROL=1
CWPTTDELAY=50
Comm1RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm4RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm2RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm2XmitControl=ALWAYS
Comm4Used=USED,POLL,49
CommSlot1=1
CommSlot2=2