[WriteLog] % L in rtty F key memory not working

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Wed Jan 23 15:59:08 EST 2013

Jim,

The C entry field is rarely, if ever, used.  I could not find the specific
reference to it in the Help manual just now, but its purpose is to help
resolve confusion over the possibility that a given country prefix may not
adequately define the exact DXCC country.  I believe where there is
confusion a list of possible suffix identifiers can be displayed by clicking
on the C button and selecting the correct designator.

For example, 3D2 could be Fiji, Conway Reef or Rotuma Is., while CE0 could
be Easter Is., Juan Fernandez Is., or San Felix & San Ambrosio.  Then there
are the French FO prefixes which could be Austral Islands, Clipperton Is.,
French Polynesia, or Marquesas Is.  I'm not sure if any of these examples
are actually confusing to WL, as usually the number of the call or a letter
of the suffix will serve to clarify the exact entity, but if there is still
confusion the C field can come into play.

73,
Gary AL9A