[WriteLog] Need advice on Writelog installation conventions on Windows 7

Alan Maenchen ad6e at arrl.net
Thu Jul 4 13:53:41 EDT 2013

Not sure if I did anything significantly different, but I've been using W7
for about a year now and have WL installed in
C:\contest\writelog\programs
When installed, I simply pointed to that location and it worked.

This is the same place I've had it for many years spanning back to Win98.
It seems to work OK, although I've not figured out where the true INI file
is located (haven't tried very hard).  I don't have a C:\ham folder at all.

Since I'm the only user, I always run in administrator mode. Maybe that's
the key?

73, Alan  AD6E