[WriteLog] Windows 7

Dan Karg dkarg at ekarg.com
Wed Mar 6 20:09:08 EST 2013

Not so:

The 'Browse...' button on the cw/rtty/ssb memories form is not for
location of wav files, it's to import a cw/rtty/ssb message setup from
a previous contest, maybe last years contest. It won't change the base
directory they are stored in.
You get the error message because it's expecting to open a .wl. file
and you pointed it to a .wav file.

To locate the wav files use the 'Setup>sound board options' menu item and
select the 'wave file locate...' button. Browse to a wave file and click open.
This will modify the location you find in the .ini file under configuration.

example:
[Configuration]
WaveFileLocation=D:\My Documents\WriteLog\WaveFiles\

You need to save the configuration to make the change permanent.

Dan K0TI

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 6:05 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists at subich.com> wrote:

> Open WiteLog, make sure you are in SSB, select Setup | CW/RTTY/SSB
> Memories, select the SSB button and click Browse.  Navigate to
> /My Documents/WriteLog/WaveFiles and type *.wav in "File Name:"
>
> Now you will see the wave files ... click on one of the files (you
> may get an "invalid file format" message) then click "Apply" and OK.
> Then *save the log*, close and restart WriteLog.
>
> 73,
>
>    ... Joe, W4TV
>

> On 3/6/2013 3:08 PM, Courtney Judd wrote:
>>

>> Can any one help me sort out this problem? Everything is working with
>> microHam router, FT2000D, computer, and Writelog except for one thing. I
>> cannot get writelog to send messages with the F-keys. A box comes up
>> with the message saying that
>> C:\Users\K4WI\Documents\Writelog\WaveFiles\msg2.wav not found .I have
>> created messages 2 thru 11(msg2.wav to msg11.wav) in this folder with
>> windows sound recorder.They show up in that folder and when clicked on
>> they play with windows sound recorder as recorded. So good so far; but
>> when i go into the Writelog program and look under Setup and CW/RTTY/SSB
>> memories and SSB button , then Brouse for location, nothing shows up in
>> that folder I think because Writelog is looking for .wl files instead of
>> .wav files. I tried putting the wav files in a new folder on the root
>> C:\wavfiles but it still will not find them. I hope i have made this
>> problem clear and someone can show me how to fix!! thanks, Cort K4WI

Dan K0TI