[WriteLog] update win 7

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sat Mar 9 12:01:30 EST 2013

> I did discover that on the PTT tab in the router soundcard ptt had to
> be checked.

If you need to have "Sound card PTT" checked, something is not set as
documented in the MK II/Writelog documentation - probably your CW type
(needs to be K1EL WinKey), CW port in WriteLog, or WinKey port in
Router.

> If you hold the Shift and a Fkey down and talk into the mike it will
> wipe out the pre-recorded message and just noise left on that key
> when you hit the same key to check for new message or wav file.

Recording nothing sounds like you have not set the correct input
for DVK Mic on the WriteLog Sound Mixer Level Control (probably more
properly named 'Writelog sound card I/O select' in Vista/Win 7/Win8).
However, you should never need to *hold* Shift-Fn - that again acts
like an issue with your operating system generating commands on both
key down and key up (Shift-Fn starts a recording - if the recording
is terminated with Shift-Fn the recording is cancelled).

*You need to figure out what it wrong in your operating system*.
Look for any abnormal settings in Keyboard Properties or "Ease of
Access" (disable everything) in the Windows Control Panel.  There
are no issues with either WriteLog or microHAM Router with Win 7.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV