[WriteLog] Can't TX FSK with XMMT.ocx

Ed Muns w0yk at msn.com
Sun Mar 31 11:10:51 EDT 2013

Jim N7US wrote:
> Thanks, though I'm confused.

You're not the first to be confused.  ;>)

> I had tried #1 but that's what didn't work when selecting
> 2Tone or MMTTY with XMMT.ocx.

One other detail.  When you select None in the Rttyrite Port menu, the three
choices at the bottom of the menu will be active and you must choose the
appropriate one.  The Hardware generated FSK choice should work with your
microHAM Router.  If your COM interface, or virtual COM interface in the
case of microHAM, doesn't have the full UART capability, then would need to
use the Software generated FSK choice, choosing which RS232 signal is used.

I'm still noodling on why this isn't working for you, given that FSK works
with the MMTTY Plug-in.

> Using the MMTTY plug-in,
> instead of XMMT.ocx, works fine.
>
> I'm selecting the virtual port using microHAM Router.
>
> Isn't #2 for using the MMTTY plug-in?

No, alternative 2 can be used with XMMT.ocx.  The two alternatives are also
available with the MMTTY Plug-in.  It is the way WriteLog allows the user to
choose between Rttyrite FSK and the encoder FSK (if the software MODEM
provides FSK).  Which alternative are you using with the Plug-in?

Ed W0YK