[WriteLog] Fw: Fw: Funny sounding FSK

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun Sep 29 21:47:10 EDT 2013

Well, I figured out part of my problems this morning with the slow speed,
awful sounding FSK.  When I fired up this morning it started doing it again
right off the bat.  After a few minutes wasted cursing the RTTY gods I
started thinking about what had changed in my setup.  The first thing that
came to mine was the 2Tone version.  Back on 9/18 I downloaded and installed
the latest release of 2Tone V13.09b.  The change release text with that
version mentions several changes about adding wav file functions to 2Tone
and that there was a "...small change to the sound card selection function."

At first I thought my problems were due to my clunky Vista laptop and/or
something wrong in the router interface to my MKII.  After reading the
release notes again I backed out V13.09b and went back to 13.04a, which is
what I was running before the attempted upgrade.  TA DA, an instant fix to
my bad diddles problem.  Obviously there is something in the new 2Tone
release that my system doesn't like.  I don't know if it is because of
something in 2Tone or the interface to make it work with WL, but there is
some incompatibility somewhere.

I finished out the contest running the MMTTY plug-in rather than waste more
time fooling around trying to get the XMMT.ocx interface problem resolved
and going again.  Now that the contest is over I will try to play around
with that again and see if it now works with the problematic 2Tone version
out of the picture.

73,
Gary AL9A