[WriteLog] CTY-2405 Country Files - 20 April 2014

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Mon Apr 21 19:44:21 EDT 2014

Bill,
my last sentence: Rather than an shortcut I started Reacty32 from the
Programs, Writelog menu and selected "Run as Administrator" and as I
said it fails! Clearly I have two computers with different behavior. The
only thing that works on the radio computer is enabling the admin
account and then logging into it from a restart????
73s
Jerry
On 4/21/2014 9:14 PM, William Maurer wrote:
> I made a shortcut on the desktop for Reacty32.  I then right click the icon then select "Run as Administrator".  This way you don't need to log in as an administrator...
>
> Bill
> WB6JJJ
>

>> On Apr 21, 2014, at 12:14 PM, Jerry Pixton <jpixton at shentel.net> wrote:
>>
>> Don, et al
>> This happens to me every time. It seems to have something to do with Win 7 UAC accounts. When I restart as Admin then it will work. I just tried in on this computer (Win7 also, my email computer) and I get the Wait Downloading window forever. When I click on the desktop, I then get Successfully downloaded wl_cty.dat and it converts. So I went back to the radio computer and tried it and it immediately failed even with asking to "run as Admin", ugh
>> Jerry
>>
>>> On 4/20/2014 9:37 PM, Don Hill AA5AU wrote:
>>> When I go to "Convert CTY to WriteLog" and click on "Download wl_cty.dat", I get a WriteLog error right away "Failed to download
>>> wl_cty.dat". This happens on both computers.
>>>
>>> I can download the file directly from http://www.country-files/cty/wl_cty.dat, but it does not work from "Convert CTY to WriteLog"
>>> utility.
>>>
>>> 73, Don AA5AU

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs