[WriteLog] Wrong QSO points

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Dec 1 15:04:14 EST 2014

Janez,

What call sign did you use when you installed WriteLog?  Sounds like you
need to reset the CALLPREFIX line in the [Multipliers] section of your ini
file.  From the WriteLog Help manual...

Setting your DXCC country
The point value and multipliers are calculated assuming your station is
located in the DXCC country indicated by an entry in WRITELOG.INI, You can
modify the CALLPREFIX line in the [Multipliers] section in WRITELOG.INI in
your Windows directory (normally c:\windows). The value must be the prefix
of the country of operation, all upper case. If the prefix by itself does
not determine the country of operation, then also add a PREFIX_XTRA value
which is the letter that you would enter in the C field (see previous
section) to specify which country. For example, if you are operating as
CE0DX from Easter Island, you would modify (or add) a section to
WRITELOG.INI that looked like this:

[Multipliers]
CALLPREFIX=CE0
PREFIX_XTRA=E

WriteLog automatically sets this INI entry using your callsign when you
install the software. But if you are on a Dxpedition you will want to change
the INI entry manually.

So the correct line for your ini file would be:

CALLPREFIX=S5

You added your complete call sign, not just the prefix.  This is probably
why there is no change in the score.  After editing the ini file and saving
it you must exit WL and then restart it again for it to see the new ini file
setting.

73,
Gary AL9A