[WriteLog] Interfacing WL to Elecraft K3

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Fri Dec 5 11:24:54 EST 2014

There is no K3 menu item to choose between internal or external keying.
Both are active at all times.  I have a paddle connected for the internal
keyer on each K3 in case the computer keying or external keyer fails.  It is
also handy for having a different speed immediately available for fast QRS
or whatever.

Ed W0YK

Goose W8AV wrote:
  I simply set the K3 menu to use an external  keyer instead
of the internal one and use a Y connector to plug the keyer and  the keying
line from the computer into the radio.