[WriteLog] MK2R+ and WL

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Sun Dec 7 08:56:17 EST 2014

> I have driven the band decoders from LPT ports successfully in the
> past. Was hoping I could use the LPT port on the MK2R+ to do the
> same. Doesn't appear to support band info on that port. Anyone able
> to make it work on the Acc port? I assume this would require me to
> make a custom cable?

MK2R+ LPT port is an input.  If you want to drive a band decoder from
MK2R+ use the ACC port a described on pages 60-62 of the MK2R Users
Manual.  Band Data is available from three sources - "Band Map" derived
from the CAT data for each radio, a copy of data on the LPT input, or
"Antenna Relay" data from Writelog (set by protocol commands).

 > I assume this would require me to make a custom cable?

The required cable is simply pins 6-9 and ground (Radio 1) or 10-13
and ground (Radio 2).

However, since MK2R+ only uses FSK and PTT on the K3 ACC port, you can
also use the Elecraft E980190 "Y" cable (also available from Cables
Wholesale and Altex) to connect both the band decoder and MK2R+ to the
K3.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV