[WriteLog] MK2R+ and WL

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Sun Dec 7 21:28:34 EST 2014

Both Joe and Bud mentioned commercial Y-cables for connecting multiple
cables to the K3 ACC jack.

Beware that not all commercial DE15 Y-cables will work in this application.
Some of them are intended for specific PC monitor applications where some of
the pins are not fully connected and some are grounded.

But, there are a number of Y-cables that simply have all 15 pins
interconnected and they work fine.  The cable either needs to be tested or a
specific vendor and part number that has already been verified.

I use the Philmore No. 70-568 "MONITOR "Y" CABLE ADAPTER".  Whenever I want
to add an additional cable to a K3 ACC jack, I add one more of these
Y-adapters.  In the max case I have three of them in tandem to handle the
following individual ACC cables:

	1.  Band decoder
	2.  Main-RX FSK/PTT
	3.  Sub-RX FSK/PTT
	4.  10m pre-amp control

Ed W0YK

Bud AA3B wrote:

I have a K3, MK2R+ and Top Ten Band decoders.

I built a "Y" cable connected to the K3 ACC output to drive the Top Ten
decoder and it works fine.  I believe these cables are also available
commercially.

I also use the MK2R+ Accessory output to drive a Top Ten Band Decoder.  This
is probably an easier solution, but it does require that the MK2R+ is up and
running.

I can send you the wiring details if you would like.