[WriteLog] ARRL 10M Contest - Prefill Exchange File

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Wed Dec 10 21:26:23 EST 2014

This one kind of snuck up on me and I was sleeping at the switch until this
afternoon.  I wasn't sure if I would be operating this year because of my
recent "handicap" - not me, my station.  Last week my ancient Create Design
rotor gave up the ghost and is now off in rotor heaven.  To keep my antennas
from wind milling around I've strung up a line over the back end of the
TH-11 and secured it so it won't rotate like a weather vane.  Problem is it
is fixed heading SE which may be ok for the NA folks, but really sucks for
much DX.  This will probably be my situation until next Spring.  But, that's
my problem, not yours.  So....

For those interested in running the ARRL 10M contest this weekend I have
updated my call history prefill file from last year's edition.  The file
currently contains 5,312 unique calls for US/VE/XE stations and their
associated States/Provinces.  There are no other DX calls in the file as DX
stations will be sending a sequential serial number, which is impossible to
predict.

If you are interested in using this prefill exchange file for the contest
you can download it at the following link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ebfn9v3bljqkcmb/ARRL%2010M%20Contest%20History%20File.adi?dl=0

If you need assistance in setting up WriteLog to use a prefill exchange file
instructions can be found at this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mckz6zbuklff0up/WriteLog%20Prefill%20Exchange%20file%20loading%20instructions.pdf?dl=0

As always, remember the usual precaution.  Be sure to verify the prefill
file information with what you actually copy off the air!

BTW, I am now researching replacement rotors.  My tower is a crank up so the
Prosistel Big Boy series won't fit into the top tower section due to the
drive housing protruding through the tower side.  Current candidates are the
Alpha-Spid RAK or the M2 Orion 2800 (although that one is pricey!).  I have
a Green Heron RT-21 controller box so would prefer a rotor compatible with
that control box.  Any other suggestions?  Comments pro or con about the two
models under consideration?

73,
Gary AL9A