[WriteLog] Write log cw

K2MK k2mk at comcast.net
Mon Feb 3 07:41:13 EST 2014

Hi Patrick,

This is common. I have a true com port on a Vista machine and it happens
occasionally. About once every 2 hours in a contest. Eventually you get very
proficient at hitting the escape key with your left hand after the first
crackle.

If I work 500 stations during a contest I will hear at least 5 stations
exhibiting the same problem. It's the WriteLog "signature". I do mainly S&P
and if I'm waiting in line for a multiplier I will sometimes hear that
station crackle on several transmissions. So obviously for some folks the
repetition is far greater than what I have experienced.

73,
Mike K2MK