[WriteLog] Getting IC7600 to talk to Writelog

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Tue Jan 28 19:01:38 EST 2014

Jerry,

The IC-7600's default hex address is 7A.  On the radio push EXIT/SET until
you have a clear screen.  Press SET and then OTHERS.  In the OTHERS menu use
the UP/DWN arrows to find the row with CI-V Address.  The setting should be
7Ah, the lower case 'h' signifying hex.  Also check the row just above, CI-V
Baud Rate for its setting.  Mine is at 9600.  Both the radio and WL must
have the same settings or communication will fail.

Now go into WL Setup/Ports...  On the COM1 row the CW button should be
unchecked.  The Rig Type from the drop down list should be Icom IC-7600.
This will give the radio the default hex address from the radio driver file.
The Baud Rate should be set to match the speed in the radio's CI-V Baud Rate
setting.  The Poll box should be checked and COM PTT set to NO.

On the COM3 row the CW button should be checked, all other settings on that
row left at the WL defaults.  Be sure the CW keyer type box is set to 'K1EL
Winkey".

If everything is set correctly you should now have communication with the
radio and keyer.

73,
Gary AL9A