[WriteLog] Win8 and PCIe comports

Rich rwnewbould at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 11:04:24 EDT 2014

I do not believe this is actually a WL problem, but I was curious if
others have seen the same issues.  I have a Rosewill PCIexpress comport
(4 ports) board in my Win8 machine,  When I setup for the NAQP RTTY i
experienced a host of comport issues.  Com 1 seemed to work fine,
however Com 2 and 3 were having great difficultly working with WL.  They
would work for a minute or two and then hang  and then would not work at
all.  I finally pulled the board and used USB/232 adapters.

As I said I really do not think this is a WL issue.  Have others had
these issues with WL and Win8 using a PCIe comport card?

Thanks

Rich