[WriteLog] CW changing speeds

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Mon Jun 2 00:21:09 EDT 2014

Gary,

In WL go to Setup/Ports and scroll the top row of tabs to CW Speeds.  The
table of CW Speeds is laid out in two rows of 8 boxes in each row.  On my
setup the first box in the second row is 30 WPM which is the default CW
speed when WL starts.  In the writelog.ini file this is described as
cwspd08=30.  The cwspd number count starts at 00, thus the ninth box is
cwspd08.

Check which box in your CW Speeds setup window for the box that contains 35.
If this is the first box on the second row (cwspd08=35) then it appears that
when your laptop wakes from the sleep mode that WL reverts back to the
default WPM speed, which in your case is probably 35 WPM.  If this is
correct you can try one two different options.  1.) Turn off sleep mode on
your laptop so that it never goes to sleep.  2.)  Change the CW Speeds setup
window so that 20 WPM is in the default location.  Then if your laptop goes
to sleep when you wake it up WL should set the default CW speed to 20 WPM.

73,
Gary AL9A