[WriteLog] Problem running Legacy Installer

Don Hill AA5AU aa5au at bellsouth.net
Sat Jun 28 10:17:33 EDT 2014

I'm using WriteLog's Legacy Installer to install the DL1EFD modules this morning on my Windows 8.1 PC and have run into an
interesting issue which I can't seem to figure out.

When I run the Legacy Installer as administrator and choose the Browse button to browse to the location of WLCM_DL1EFD_080414.exe,
the file is not showing. No matter where I put the file on my hard drive, it is not shown when using the Browse button. I have no
idea why the file is hidden. Some of the other EXE files that are in the same folder do not show up either although others do. It's
very strange. I even did a full shut down and restart of Windows 8.

However, if I manually type in the full path location for the file in the Legacy Helper dialog box it works.

I logged out of my user account (which does not have Admin rights) and logged in as administrator and it does the same thing.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Don AA5AU