[WriteLog] Is anyone using an Icom IC-756 Pro III?

Bob-WB2COY wb2coy at hvc.rr.com
Thu Mar 6 11:23:37 EST 2014

Bill,

Here is the portion of my Writelog.ini that pertains to the ICOM 756
ProIII....

Caveats:
I use different port numbers than you, so adjust accordingly. I use COM5 for
Radio Control via CI-V, COM4 for PTT and COM8 for FSK with a TimeWave
Navigator Interface.
Make sure that the CI-V Baud Rate in the RIG matches the Baud Rate in the
ini file (I use 19200).
Make sure that you haven't changed the CI-V address in the RIG (6Eh is the
default)
Set CI-V Transceive in the Rig to OFF
Set CI-V with IC-730 in the Rig to OFF
Not sure why the COM5: setting is in the [RIGS] area twice, but it works, so
I left it alone...

[PORTS]
CommSlot1=5
CommSlot2=6
CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8
dvktype=1
dvkport=4
cwtype=1
cwport=1
dvkstoploop=1
dvkechomic=1
Comm5RigManager={D0DE9422-0517-11D4-9D1B-00105AA43DDF}
Comm5XmitControl=ALWAYS
Comm5Used=USED,POLL,53
CWPTTCONTROL=0
CWPTTDELAY=0
Com1:=9600,n,8,1

[RIGS]
Com5:19200,n,8,2
Icom IC-756PROIII=0x6e
Com5:=19200,n,8,2

I only use the PRO-III for Digital modes, so anything in the ini that has to
do with SSB or CW or Voice Recordings is whatever the default settings are.

73 -Bob, WB2COY