[WriteLog] USB to Serial-How?

Ed Muns ed at w0yk.com
Tue Mar 18 12:02:04 EDT 2014

The IC-735 does not have FSK capability.  RTTY transmission can only be done
via AFSK through SSB.  Few, if any, radios accept FSK through their CAT
port.  If a radio has FSK transmission capability, it will be through a
direct FSK port, sometimes on one pin of an accessory jack, often a DIN
format.  The K3 has FSK and PTT on the pins of its Accessory jack, a DE15
connector.

Here is the IC-735 manual:

http://www.download.n7tgb.net/Icom_Manuals/IC-735Manual.pdf

Ed W0YK

John KJ1J wrote:
      How do you connect a second USB to Serial adapter to the rig? My
rig is an ICOM-735. I'm trying to set up FSK thru a COM port. My rig has
one remote control jack now being used for CAT. I tried using a splitter
but it didn't work.
Is it a possible setup? I have seen USB-to-Serial hubs with many serial
ports but I don't understand how to use it with one rig.