[WriteLog] Band Summary Window Lost

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Sun May 25 19:43:40 EDT 2014

Mike,

The various WL window positions are in your writelog.ini file.  Problem is
trying to figure out which window is which.  They are not labeled the same
as the descriptions in the program.  Scroll down in your ini file until you
start seeing sections titled [DockScreen-BarN], where N is some number from
1 to however many WL windows you have ever used.  In my ini file there is
the following section:

[DockScreen-Summary]
Bars=28
ScreenCX=1440
ScreenCY=900

This means I have a total of 28 different WL windows on my system.  Not all
of them are in use at the same time, but each individual window has its own
section in the ini file describing its last position coordinates.  In the
[DockScreen-Summary] section above I think the ScreenCX=1440 and
ScreenCY=900 define the X and Y maximum coordinate numbers.  I'm not sure if
this is related to the size of my monitor screen or the size of the WL
desktop on my monitor.  However, I would think the [DockScreen-BarN]
sections would have their coordinates somewhere within this range.  Perhaps
someone else more knowledgeable could enlighten us.

The data below shows a specific DockScreen-Bar number from my ini file.
This is a completely random selection on my part and doesn't mean this is
the Band Summary window information.

[DockScreen-Bar7]
BarID=59403
XPos=971
YPos=155
Docking=1
MRUDockID=59419
MRUDockLeftPos=971
MRUDockTopPos=155
MRUDockRightPos=1225
MRUDockBottomPos=278
MRUFloatStyle=8192
MRUFloatXPos=674
MRUFloatYPos=68

Note the various MRUDock position numbers.  I think these are the window
coordinates for when this particular window is docked to the WL desktop.
Also note the MRUFloatPos numbers.  I think these are the window coordinates
for the last time this particular window was undocked from the WL desktop
and placed elsewhere on the Windows desktop as a "floating" window.

Since you apparently undocked the Band Summary window from the WL desktop, I
would start by looking at the MRUFloat position numbers for both the X and Y
axis.  If you see numbers that are way out of whack when compared to your
ScreenCX and ScreenCY numbers this may indicate a screen that is out of the
visible desktop area.  If you see something suspicious write down the
coordinates for that DockScreen-Bar and then change them in the ini file to
something that may appear on the Windows desktop.  Once changed exit the ini
file to save the changes and then restart WL and see if the missing window
is now visible.  Or, has one of the other windows changed position?  If not,
values.  Then pick another DockScreen-Bar section and try again.  This may
be a reiterative trial and error process until you figure out which
DockScreen-Bar number is the one describing the coordinates for the Band
Summary window.  If you can manage to get just a piece of it visible on your
screen you should be able to click and drag it back to where it should be.

73,
Gary AL9A