[WriteLog] Convert CTY to Writelog question

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Thu Nov 27 17:56:25 EST 2014

Randy,

I know of no way to change the directory path for Reacty32.exe so it puts
the cty file in a different directory.  If you did that then you would also
need to modify WriteLog itself or perhaps each individual contest module so
they would know the correct location where you had placed the latest cty
file.

But why do you need to change its location?  And why on your system is
C:\ProgramData\WriteLog a hidden directory?  It isn't a hidden directory on
my system.  I just created a shortcut on the Desktop that jumps to
C:\ProgramData\WriteLog whenever I need to the latest cty update.  I can
find the file there and click on it to open it in Notepad, then do a Find
for VERSION and can quickly locate the current version information to make
sure the file updated correctly.  Not a big deal.

73,
Gary AL9A