[WriteLog] Point-and-click vs using the keyboard

Dean St. Hill dmsthill at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:55:16 EDT 2014

Hans

I tend to agree with you in terms of the way writelog works generally but
if you're not running high rate Q's for the more casual op the mouse could
actually be just as quick maybe even quicker.

If you have fkeys for example you could set up a 4x4 or 5x5 grid which had
all your messages and you could run just as fast with the mouse.

Now the difference between rtty and cw is that you have to type in calls in
the cw where as calls tend to be (mostly) highlighted in rtty and using the
[insert] key call can be entered and exchange sent - of course a button in
fkeys will do the same.

Most important thing is to get comfy with some technique and then perfect
it.

I think some of the seasoned rtty contesters hardly touch the keyboard all
week-end.

Dean - 8P6SH