[WriteLog] New computer woes

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Fri Oct 10 15:07:40 EDT 2014

 > Just curious about your hard opinion.

Most rigs that support autobaud will do so *one time* when first
powered up.  With users starting and stopping software multiple
times a day, autobaud results in "no response" most of the time.
In addition, setting both software and rig to "autobaud" is a recipe
for a standoff as each tries to catch up to the other.

It is far more reliable to set Icom rigs to 9600 or 19200 bps, Kenwood,
Yaesu and Elecraft to 38,400 bps and match those speeds with the
software than play "autobaud roulette."  Even more so with something
like microHAM DK II, MK II, or MK2R+ which also require matching the
rig's data rate and protocol.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV