[WriteLog] strange function key behavior

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Tue Sep 30 12:01:55 EDT 2014

During cqww rtty I had some strange behavior of the function keys. I am
using Writelog 11.21 with Windows 7

I would end up with one function key sending different message each time
it was pressed. Or several function keys sending the same message
repeatedly.

The trigger event seemed to be when I pressed two function keys in quick
succession - for example, I wanted to send my "zone" message two times.
Or I have one function key that sends my call twice and another that
sends my call once. I I press the key to send my call twice and then
quickly press the key to send my call once, only the two call message
got sent. Later when I pressed another key, to send a report, the single
call message would go out.

I have never seen this problem before. I have always been able to
interleave calls on both radios and to be able to "chain" calls together
in the past.

Shutting Writelog down and restarting cleared up the problem until i
pressed another two keys too quickly.

Anyone seen this problem? I get to be w1aw/4 on rtty in a week; i don't
want to run into this issue then.

Jerry, W6IHG

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs
http://www.shentel.net/pixosdesigns/RadioTuner