[WriteLog] Sound card

Randy Thompson K5ZD k5zd at charter.net
Sat Apr 11 10:10:09 EDT 2015

You may recall that I was having some frustration with WriteLog and sound
cards last month.  I have been struggling with how to make the audio sound
good when using the built-in Realtek sound card or a Creative SB X-Fi.  Just
couldn't seem to get the levels right with my Sennheiser PC320 mic/headset.

I decided to try an external USB sound card for the mic input.  I purchase a
SYBA SD-DAC63094 for $30 from NewEgg.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812186216

Problems solved!  Plugged in the mic and it sounded great.  Levels were easy
to adjust.

No RFI problems at all even though the sound card is located right below the
Alpha 76CA.

Wanted to pass this along as a proven solution.  This unit has also seen
extra duty as a way to use my headset with the my work laptop.

73

Randy, K5ZD