[WriteLog] Windows 10

Robert W5AJ Wood woodr90 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:13:52 EDT 2015

Besides the good suggestions posted

This was posted on another reflector about the USB to Serial (I have auto
update of drivers disabled in Win7, 64bit, deleted updated driver for
Prolific & kept older driver)
The older driver is available several places
As noted by Don, my XP to win7 upgrade had to double check serial port #
assignment by windows

73 Robert W5AJ

http://ke4rg.blogspot.com has the story line

Quote by others:
If you need the driver (ver 3.2.0.0) for the USB-to-serial part moved to end
of life by Prolific (PL2303 HXA/XA) you should grab it while it is still
available at www.miklor.com.  Usage instructions available at
http://ke4rg.blogspot.com/.  Don't throw away that cable that you purchased
in good faith that may or may not contain a pirated part!  Even Prolific
can't tell the difference, that's why they chose to disable ALL of these
variants in their newer drivers.