[WriteLog] Super Check Partial Slowing Down for big Logs

Ron Dohmen ron at n0at.net
Sat Dec 5 13:01:19 EST 2015

At our recent PZ5W operation we noticed the Super check partial window
slowing down as the log got larger and larger.  It was quite noticeable at
8,000 QSOs, and almost unusable at 10,000 QSOs.  When we logged more than
10,000 QSOs,  the report had already been transmitted before the window
populated.   Nothing else slowed down, just the Super check partial window.

Is there any way to speed up the super check partial function?   We were
using a Lenovo Laptop with a quad core i5-4210U 1.70 GHz CPU.  Should have
been enough horsepower.   Is there any way to dedicate one of the processors
to the super check partial function?

73 de Ron N0AT