[WriteLog] SCP slowdown

halken halken at comcast.net
Sat Dec 5 18:13:58 EST 2015

Hi Ron and Tom,

I'm running approx the same setup as Tom, although the OS is WIN 7. I've
done testing with 14K QSO logs, SCP, 6K callsign prefill files and SO2R
and had no bog-down, that includes while the PC was running NA3P at its
highest resolution (spectrum analyzer - a big CPU user).

Bog-downs seem to happen either from low memory as Tom suggests, or
things running in the background - which can hog CPU and/or memory. I
have all the auto-update stuff on the PC turned OFF.

The logging computer here only logs and supports the rigs.  It never
goes on the internet or does other functions.  I transfer update files
to it over a local network.  Never, ever, running a browser on a PC can
do wonders for performance...
73,
Hal N4GG