[WriteLog] Using K3 KIO3B USB with Writelog

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Fri Dec 25 00:21:28 EST 2015

What Port Settings would I use in Writelog to grab the frequency from the
Elecraft K3 using the new KIO3B USB connection?

Also, how would I set up the KIO3B USB computer audio out to the K3 mic in
with a SO2R configuration? Currently, the stereo audio out from the computer
goes to a mic splitter box with isolation transformers to a mono left and
mono right output that goes to each K3's mic connector. My thought is I need
to specify separate sound cards in the Writelog Sound Board Mixer and bypass
the mic splitter box. How important would the isolation transformers be with
the KIO3B sound card for mic input? I haven't plugged the KIO3B in to the
computer yet so I'm not sure how I designate which K3 USB Sound Card is
which. I just got the K3's back from being upgraded and wanted to make sure
everything was working with my old RS-232/computer sound card configuration
first.

BTW, as to my new Elecraft P3 upgrades, the PVGA is amazingly cool. Haven't
gotten to the TXMON functions yet.

Excuse the dual posting to the Elecraft  and Writelog reflectors, but my
inquiries cover both.

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT