[WriteLog] CW Decode

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Wed Feb 11 15:07:44 EST 2015

Hi Rod,

I'm a bit confused by your statement that "The cw decoder quit working".
What decoder?  WL does CW decoding via the Rttyrite window.  Is it the
Rttyrite window that is not decoding?

A component part of Rttyrite is a smaller window called "WriteLog CW
Receiver" that has two vertical bars and shows 750 Hz of bandwidth.  The
short vertical bar is fixed at the center of the window, while the longer
vertical bar shows your CW tone.  When receiving CW the waveform displays in
this window and moving the VFO will allow you to zero beat the signal.
There are also settings for min and max speed settings to decode.  Is this
the window you are talking about?  Is the window visible, but no wave form
displays?  What are the min and max settings?  This window is a function of
the settings in your Rttyrite window so it would be helpful to know what
those are?

Or, are you talking about the Window/CW Display window which is a
multi-channel decoder?  This windows decodes multiple channels, I think up
to six channels.  It also has a small vertical window with a small
horizontal bar in the window center.  I never use this one, but I think this
small window also shows incoming wave form.  I doubt this is the window you
are trying to use, but am not certain.

73,
Gary AL9A