[WriteLog] Clean writelog.ini?

Jerry Pixton jpixton at shentel.net
Thu Feb 19 12:00:30 EST 2015

Gary,

Thanks. That worked. After searching the many copies of writelog.ini I
had stored away (I used to save them per contest) I finally found the
one buried in the C:\windows directory as you suggested that was being
discovered. I am mostly reconfigured with a new writelog.ini working ok.
Only another pass thru it to set the things like Extra band edges, etc.

Good to work you last week end.

Jerry, w6ihg

On 2/18/2015 9:26 PM, Gary AL9A wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> Try deleting or renaming the one at C:\Windows in addition to the one
> in the VirtualStore.  On your "data drive", whatever that is, if you
> don't want to delete them then rename them something like
> writelogold1.ini, writelogold2.ini, etc.  When there are no more
> writelog.ini files available anywhere restart WL and it should create
> a new, albeit bare bones, writelog.ini file.
>
> Question is where will WL put it?  Hopefully in the VirtualStore path,
> but you may have to check out various locations to be sure. As a
> check, from within WL, create a keyboard shortcut to do something and
> save it.  Then exit WL and see if the new ini file has that keyboard
> shortcut in it.  If not, then there is another one lurking somewhere.
>
> 73,
> Gary AL9A
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Jerry Pixton
> Sent: February 18, 2015 12:02 PM
> To: writelog at contesting.com
> Subject: [WriteLog] Clean writelog.ini?
>
> GD,
>
> How do I get a clean writelog.ini to restart my configuration? During
> the wpx I ran into all sorts of trouble the first night because using
> the Keyboard Shortcut feature to set some function keys to Push and Pop,
> trashed my contest ini file. My files have been propagated for years and
> now I want to start with a fresh ini.
>
> But when I delete the writelog.ini in the
> ...VirtualStore\Windows\writelog.ini thinking that Writelog will then
> write a new file there that I can then configure fresh. But instead
> writelog finds a two year old file from somewhere (not on my C: drive,
> but there are scores of old ini files on my data drive) and puts it into
> the ...VirtualStore... spot.
>
> Do I have to uninstall Writelog completely (and is there stuff in the
> registry I need to get rid of also) and then reinstall from my latest
> full program?
>
> Using 11.24 (and Windows 7 64bit) to get the new cw/rtty messages which
> also have a bug in the %Mxx macro. I have never been able to get the
> push/pop to work with this ini file so I want to start fresh
>
> Any help???
>
> Jerry, W6IHG

Dr. Jerry R. Pixton, PIXOS Designs
http://www.shentel.net/pixosdesigns/RadioTuner