[WriteLog] Writelog.ini

Gary AL9A al9a at mtaonline.net
Tue Jan 20 16:46:31 EST 2015

Rod,

The ini file in the Virtual Store location is the one you want to use.  My
WL ini files (I have multiple versions for different modes with slightly
different names) are located in ...VirtualStore\Windows.  I use a different
ini file depending upon the contest I need it for - RTTY, SSB, CW.  Prior to
the contest I just rename the file from say writelogcw.ini to just
writelog.ini as that is what WL will load at start up.

There are two ways to easily edit your ini file in the Virtual Store
location.

1. Create a desktop shortcut to the Virtual Store ini file.  My icon is
named Writelog.ini and the path is
C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\WRITELOG.INI.  I just click
on the icon and the ini file immediately opens for editing.

2. Go to Start/All Programs and click on the WriteLog V11 program group.  In
the list of WL utilities select Edit WriteLog ini.  WriteLog will then open
the correct ini file for you to edit.

Incidentally, to quick get to my Virtual Store location where I have the
various instances of ini files located I created a desktop icon labeled
Virtual Store - Windows.  The path for that icon is
"C:\Users\AL9A\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows".  Once there I right
click on the ini files I need to rename as needed.

73,
Gary AL9A